Antique Kitchen

As many of you know, I love antiques. That's probably why I love David so much. (Just kidding sweetheart!) So my house begins to feel like a home when I start displaying my various treasures. These are fun antique kitchen items. The picture above shows a child sized icebox and stove. They are made of metal and are very heavy. Kelly and I found them when on a fun antique shopping trip. On this trip we actually shopped in our PJ's because there was a little shop upstairs by our room in the Bed and Breakfast we stayed at, and we were the only guests.
This collection includes Ritz and Premium Saltine cracker tins which I hesitate to call antique because I actually used them in my kitchen for several years. Does that make me an antique?
These canisters belonged to my Grandma Bergeron. (Thank you Sweetie for sharing.) She was one of the best cooks I have ever known, and I am sure she scooped many a cup of sugar and flour out of these canisters for some of her famous cookies. In a future post, I'll include a recipe for some of her delicious cookies.

Comments

Miss G said…
Yea!! Pictures of your new house! I really like all of the red and white together in the top picture! love you, Kelly
Looks like you are really making your new house a home. Putting your special touch on each room makes it feel like a great place to nest--especially when the weather turns chilly this winter.

Popular posts from this blog

Love Present from a Friend

Skippyjon Jones and Kohl's

Swing High, Swing Low