Robert Munsch Books Make Me Laugh

I haven't found any children so far who don't LOVE books by Robert Munsch.
Here are some of my favorites!

Book Covers Courtesy of
Copyright © 2010 Follett Library Resources, Inc.

Purple Green and Yellow has the word "cow plops" in it.
When my mom, Sweetie, read this book to her grandchildren,
she changed the word "cow plops" to "watermelons" to make
it more genteel. When we were writing down things that we appreciated
about my mom and dad recently for their 60th anniversary
scrapbook, my nephew Josh, who can always make everyone laugh, had this to say.
"You can substitute "watermelons" for "cow plops"
but you really need to clue Poppy in on the changes."
I would have loved to see the look in 3 year old Josh's eyes, when
Poppy read the new and improved version of
Purple Green and Yellow.


Murmel, Murmel, Murmel is a fun book for a child expecting a new sibling.


One sign of a good book is that the parent reading the book will
enjoy it as much as the child. This is so true of Thomas' Snowsuit.



Robert Munsch must have had kids of his own!


When Jeremy first brought Mandy home to meet the family, she saw
Paper Bag Princess on my bookshelf. She promptly picked up
the book and proceeded to read it aloud to the entire family.
I knew, then and there, that she was going to be the
best daughter-in-law in the world. (And she is!)

Comments

Deborah said…
I'll never forget the time Kelly read "Moira's Birthday" as her introduction to a club devo. I have since read that book (along with many others of Munsch) to my kindergarteners and my own children.
Miss G said…
I don't know which Robert Munsch book is my favorite but I look forward to discovering that over the next few years! Kelly

p.s. and yes, I remember reading Moira's Birthday in college with Deborah! Such fun. :) Aaaannndd Kindergarten!
More books to add to my list. They look like fun!

Debi
Unknown said…
I was there for Poppy's first infamous reading of "cow plops" instead of "watermelons". Boy, were Josh and I amused!
Kimmie said…
We still talk about that - good times!

Popular posts from this blog

Love Present from a Friend

Skippyjon Jones and Kohl's

Swing High, Swing Low