I LOVE Eric Carle's Books

ALL BOOK COVERS ARE COURTESY OF TITLEWAVE.COM

If you want a beautifully illustrated book for a preschool or early school aged child, you cannot go wrong with any book by Eric Carle. My favorite professor and mentor, Dr. Richard Abrahamson, gave me a gift when I received my doctorate.
It was the rainbow print from Draw Me a Star. It is one of my most prized possessions.
Eric Carle uses tissue paper collage in most of his art. It is so beautiful and something you can do with your own child or grandchild.

Eric Carle's ABC Board Book was one of Caleb's favorites.

Caleb also enjoyed the board book Opposites.

The Secret Birthday Message is one of my favorites.


If I had to pick a favorite Eric Carle book, it would be The Very Hungry Caterpillar.


The Art of Eric Carle isn't a book meant for children, but if you are interested in learning more about this fantastic artist and his works, you will enjoy this book.
My daughter just informed me that Eric Carle has a blog. Check it out by clicking HERE.

Comments

paula said…
I loved teaching with Eric Carle's books, because kindergartners quickly learned to recognize him. They felt so grown-up when they could identify this illustrator and knew how he created his pictures. Great for their self-esteem as learners! As for me, I just like his pretty pictures :-)
Deborah said…
After your recommendation last time you posted some books, Daniel "asked" his aunt and uncle for "Opposites" by Eric Carle for Christmas. He loves it!

Popular posts from this blog

Love Present from a Friend

Skippyjon Jones and Kohl's

Swing High, Swing Low