St. Patrick's Day 2013

 At last year's St. Patrick's Day
Grandchildren Party, Caleb asked
if next year we could invite his
neighbors and friends,
Luke and Sophia.
What a sweet idea from a sweet boy.
So this year we expanded our party
a little.  I hope you enjoy the
(MANY) pictures.
For a party to be a success,
you must have balloons,
and if you think the balloons stayed
in this pretty bucket, you
don't know children.
The slips of paper were used to play
the Treasure Hunt Game.
 
Here comes the food!
All of it nutritious and delicious.
Well, at least delicious.
Skittles for the colors of the rainbow.
Grandma's Green Sugar Cookies.
Mint oreos--a much bigger hit than
my homemade cookies.
Peeps!!!
Grapes--one of two nutritious items.
The other was Kiwi, but alas,
no picture.
 


Green Twizzlers--who knew???
Lucky Charms--Get it???
Each child decorated a sack to take
their goodies home in.
Imagine having a girl's name
at one of our parties.  Next year,
we will have a girl in our very
own family.
Hurry baby sister--we're waiting for you!

The Fruit Loops Necklaces were a big
hit--or should I say eating the Fruit Loops
for the necklaces was a big hit.
We made Leprechaun hats from
styrofoam cups.  Unfortunately, I
forgot to take a picture of the finished
product.  You put them in a 250
degree oven, and MAGICALLY,
they shrink and become hats.
Working away.
This is our fun group--
Caleb, David, Sophia, Aaron, Annabelle,
Luke and Nana.
It was cute!  I asked our visitor
children if they would like to
call me Nana or Ms. Karen.
Nana was the unanimous choice.  
Caleb
I wonder what we
were all looking at (except Aaron).
Look closely at my arm in
this picture.  I will explain later.
A real artist.
Luke and Annabelle
Aaron with the rainbow necklace.
Not part of the party decor, but found
in the costume chest.
David loves stickers.
The absolute ONLY time I got the
whole group still and quiet was
when I was reading them a book.
I have to wear a compression sleeve
to combat a side effect from my
surgery 2 years ago.
Caleb and Aaron found
the "Shamrock Tatoo Sleeve"
for me and gave it to me
as a love present to wear
to our party.
The gang with their
St. Patrick's Day crowns.
This should have gone with the food--
Rainbow Ice in Sprite.
A BIG hit! 
YES!  We had a grand time!  

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!

Comments

Miss G said…
sooo fun! Great to see pics of the things I've heard about! The sprite was indeed a BIG hit! :) Thank you!!! love you, Kelly
BR said…
Will you be MY grandma?
Boy--that must have been so much fun!
Anonymous said…
It is not my first time to pay a quick visit this website,
i am visiting this web site dailly and obtain pleasant
facts from here every day.

Have a look at my website acoustic guitar chords for beginners

Popular posts from this blog

Love Present from a Friend

Skippyjon Jones and Kohl's

Swing High, Swing Low