Books, Books and More Books

Several years ago (2004 to be exact)
I read a Memoir of Barbara Bush.
I'm sorry, I cannot remember the title and
she has written more than one.
In the memoir, she was constantly sharing books
that she had read. I realized that she
must be writing all these books down
in order to remember them.
I decided that I would do the same.
I started out writing the book titles and authors in
a paper journal. Then, a few years later,
I transferred the book to an electronic
format called GoodReads (which by the way, I love).
While unpacking from our move, I found
the paper journal, so over the past several nights
I have entered all the books into GoodReads.
Here is just a sampling of some of the books I listed in the journal.
If you would like to see my entire book list, check out the GoodReads site.
I LOVE TO READ!!!
I will make some random comments about some of the books
under the book cover.
All covers are courtesy of Titlewave Books.
PB = Picture Book
YA=Young Adult Book
C=Children's Book
C
C & YA
YA--This is a series that my niece,
Jenny turned me on to. Great!
YA Historical Fiction--one of my favorite
historical fiction authors
C--I like this one so much that it is
required reading in my UHCL
Children's Lit classes. The author also
wrote the Babysitter's Clubs books
years ago.
YA--surprise ending
PB--winner of Caldecott
This is a fantastic book--one of a kind.
YA--if you read this book, you will never forget it!
YA--fantastic author. I read everything
he writes.
My niece Stacie, introduced me to
Nicolas Sparks years ago and his books always
make me cry, sometimes even sob.
I read everything John Grisham writes.
He hooks me from the first paragraph.
Baldacci is one of the authors
that Barbara Bush said she read everything
he writes. I now do the same.
YA-I read this book as a
teenager. Loved it then, love it now.
Very poignant book.
Sorry for the small picture.
Written by Greg Taylor, a
personal friend and a much loved
youth minister to my son when he
was a teenager.

My friend LaJuana turned me on
to Jan Karon books. Father
Tim is a wonderful character.
Inspiring book.


All of the young adults at our
church were reading this book,
and I kept hearing them talk about it.
It really made me think.
If everyone else loves it, I am usually
a skeptic. However, this is a
WONDERFUL book. I know
God better for reading this book.
PB
This book is for Children's Lit enthusiasts. Especially
Picture Book enthusiasts.
YA
YA
C

Now, I have shared some of my favorite reads
with you.
What are some of your best loved books?

Comments

Mindy S. said…
Ugh! I don't have time to read these days! But there are many on your list that really look interesting to me. I guess that I will have to add them to my books to read someday list. Maybe I can manage to read some of the YA ones though--those are usually a little bit shorter than full length novels. Have you read "Same kind of different as me" by Ron Hall and Denver Moore? It is one of the few books that I have read recently that really touched me (and I was able to ready it because it was a really quick read). :-)
Anonymous said…
Some of my favorites are: The Count of Monte Cristo, The Inheritance Cycle (Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr), all Donald Miller books, The Harry Potter Books, Les Miserables, and Anna Karenina. I'm sure there are plenty others that I'm not thinking about right now.
I second Mindy's recommendation of Same Kind of Different as Me. My favorite books seem to be the last ones I've read--I wish I had started writing my list down years ago. I love reading books about French history, but recently I've branched out into English history, and currently I'm reading a book about the last tsarina of Russia, Alexandra, since I'm going to St. Petersburg next week.

Debi
Adrian said…
I've never read "Silent to the Bone" - what's it about? I've always loved "From the mixed-up files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler", I even own it in italian!

Popular posts from this blog

Love Present from a Friend

Skippyjon Jones and Kohl's

Swing High, Swing Low