2014 Birthdays Outing

David and I have birthdays with
just one day in between so we usually
celebrate our birthdays together.
It all started this morning with this card.

"I wanted to give you a Bear Hug for your Birthday?
Big Bear birthday hugs coming your way as
soon as I find a corporative bear."  


We had breakfast at Over Easy, a
breakfast spot that everyone
is raving about.
David had biscuits, gravy and hash browns
and I had Quinioa and fruit.  I was
trying to be healthy and it was good,
but next time I'll have the French Toast.

Our next spot was the Will Rogers Sun Shrine.

We had heard that there was beautiful scenery
at the shrine.

Penrose built the shrine.  He is one of the important
early founders of Colorado Springs.  

Murals inside the shrine.

A view of the ceiling.
These were all painted in the 30's and
are still vibrant.

The almost birthday boy.

Part of the mural depicted the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
 where we were headed next.

A view of The Broadmoor from the top of the shrine.

David got a lot better views than I did.
I am a little height challenged
and couldn't get too near the edge.

A view of Colorado Springs.

A nice couple from Michigan took our photo together.

I forgot to mention that you have to drive
through the zoo to get to the
shrine.  One our way back, we
encountered a peacock ambling along.

The giraffe herd is a major attraction
at this zoo.

Two handsome fellows here.

And finally, my bear!!!
Yes, this guy is the real thing.
However, he didn't give me a hug!
I stayed a healthy distance away!

In case you haven't heard,
my favorite birthday present
this year came a little early.

My niece, Jenny, and her husband Fili
had their twin boys Alexander
and Nicholas yesterday!

Comments

Miss G said…
Yea!! So fun! Neat to see all about your day! love you both! Kelly

Popular posts from this blog

Love Present from a Friend

Skippyjon Jones and Kohl's

Swing High, Swing Low