I was tagged by Heather from Taste of the Texas Life
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 11 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
and then create 11 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!
11 Fun (or not so fun) Facts:
- I am originally from Texas and have found that here in Colorado I see a Texas license plate at least once a day. When I do, I often break out into the song, "Texas, Our Texas".
- I am a breast cancer survivor.
- I have 4 wonderful children (2 biological and 2 who my biological children chose) who live close to me.
- I love to read children's and young adult books.
- My favorite food is Tex-Mex.
- I do not have a middle name and use my maiden name, Aven, as a middle name.
- This is not the first time in my life I have worn a wig. I wore one in high school because it was the rage.
- I have a habit of falling down at embarrassing times.
- Whale watching is on my bucket list.
- Although I love being semi-retired, I sometimes miss my old job.
- Although I now live in Colorado, I have absolutely no desire to ski.
1. What is your favorite time of the day?
I love mornings because everything is fresh and new.
2. What food is your guilty pleasure?
Chocolate. My niece in Hawaii sent us a large package of macadamia nut Hershey's kisses. I am devouring them at an alarming rate.
3. What gets you through the week?
Since I don't work everyday, I don't think about "getting through the week". The weeks just fly by.
4. What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time?
I love to read, play games on my IPad and play with my grandsons. I also like what I call "puttering around the house."
5. Do you have a favorite bible verse or quote?
I love Psalm 100 and 104.
6. Who is your favorite celebrity?
I'm not a big celebrity person but I wouldn't mind meeting Tim Tebow. I admire him a lot.
7. What is your Pet Peeve?
People who are unhappy all the time.
8.What big item do you hope to save up for?
Probably an Alaskan cruise.
9. If you could change one thing in the world, what would it be?
I wish all people would take the time to know God and to believe that He loves them.
10. What is one thing that you want to learn or learn how to do?
This is a little silly, but my grandson, Caleb, loves Leggos, but needs help putting them together. I always thought I wasn't a builder and wasn't good at following written directions with diagrams. The other day, he was at my house and there was no one else to help him, so I did. I really enjoyed learning to do Leggos and told him I was "hooked" on Leggos. Of course, he wanted to know what hooked meant.
11. Describe your style -Your Home style, and your personal style.
My home style is comfortable antique/collectible/vintage. My personal style is fairly casual.
- What is the best book you have read recently?
- If money was no object, where would you go on vacation?
- What is a memory of a grandparent?
- Who was your favorite teacher and why?
- What was a book you remember reading as a child?
- What is something you remember doing with a sibling?
- What is something that frightens you?
- Are you a mountain person or a beach person? Why?
- What do you look for in a friend?
- What helps you to worship your creator?
- How do you feel about public speaking?
I have tagged the following people challenging them
to answer on their blogs, but I would love to hear in the
comment section from all of you.
Kelly at Sundrenched Moments
Laura at Enthusiasm Socks
Vanessa at Life in Colorado
Lynn at Lynn's Life
Ashley at House of Hollis