The Eleven Challenge

I was tagged by Heather from Taste of the Texas Life

The Rules

1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 11 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
and then create 11 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!

11 Fun (or not so fun) Facts:
  1. I am originally from Texas and have found that here in Colorado I see a Texas license plate at least once a day. When I do, I often break out into the song, "Texas, Our Texas".
  2. I am a breast cancer survivor.
  3. I have 4 wonderful children (2 biological and 2 who my biological children chose) who live close to me.
  4. I love to read children's and young adult books.
  5. My favorite food is Tex-Mex.
  6. I do not have a middle name and use my maiden name, Aven, as a middle name.
  7. This is not the first time in my life I have worn a wig. I wore one in high school because it was the rage.
  8. I have a habit of falling down at embarrassing times.
  9. Whale watching is on my bucket list.
  10. Although I love being semi-retired, I sometimes miss my old job.
  11. Although I now live in Colorado, I have absolutely no desire to ski.



Heather's Questions:

1. What is your favorite time of the day?
I love mornings because everything is fresh and new.
2. What food is your guilty pleasure?
Chocolate. My niece in Hawaii sent us a large package of macadamia nut Hershey's kisses. I am devouring them at an alarming rate.
3. What gets you through the week?
Since I don't work everyday, I don't think about "getting through the week". The weeks just fly by.
4. What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time?
I love to read, play games on my IPad and play with my grandsons. I also like what I call "puttering around the house."
5. Do you have a favorite bible verse or quote?
I love Psalm 100 and 104.
6. Who is your favorite celebrity?
I'm not a big celebrity person but I wouldn't mind meeting Tim Tebow. I admire him a lot.
7. What is your Pet Peeve?
People who are unhappy all the time.
8.What big item do you hope to save up for?
Probably an Alaskan cruise.
9. If you could change one thing in the world, what would it be?
I wish all people would take the time to know God and to believe that He loves them.
10. What is one thing that you want to learn or learn how to do?
This is a little silly, but my grandson, Caleb, loves Leggos, but needs help putting them together. I always thought I wasn't a builder and wasn't good at following written directions with diagrams. The other day, he was at my house and there was no one else to help him, so I did. I really enjoyed learning to do Leggos and told him I was "hooked" on Leggos. Of course, he wanted to know what hooked meant.
11. Describe your style -Your Home style, and your personal style.
My home style is comfortable antique/collectible/vintage. My personal style is fairly casual.

My Questions:
  1. What is the best book you have read recently?
  2. If money was no object, where would you go on vacation?
  3. What is a memory of a grandparent?
  4. Who was your favorite teacher and why?
  5. What was a book you remember reading as a child?
  6. What is something you remember doing with a sibling?
  7. What is something that frightens you?
  8. Are you a mountain person or a beach person? Why?
  9. What do you look for in a friend?
  10. What helps you to worship your creator?
  11. How do you feel about public speaking?
I have tagged the following people challenging them
to answer on their blogs, but I would love to hear in the
comment section from all of you.

Vanessa at Life in Colorado
Lynn at Lynn's Life
Ashley at House of Hollis



Comments

Lynn Leaming said…
Well, I tried for over an hour to post this, but guess I am just challenged. So thought I would just let you know my answers anyway :-)

I was tagged by Karen from

The Rules

1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 11 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
and then create 11 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!

11 Fun (or not so fun) Facts:
1. I was born and raised in El Paso, Texas
2. I was a social worker with abused children for 15 years.
3. The only time I left the U.S. was to go on a six week mission trip to Germany.
4. I made this really cute dress to wear the first day of graduate school and as I was walking to class the first day I tripped and fell and had bloody knees...but a cute dress :-)
5. My favorite sports activity is swimming.
6. I didn't get married until I was 36.
7. I love going to the movies, but am sad there aren't very many clean ones to go.
8. My favorite trip was our 20th Anniversary cruise to Alaska and getting to see whales bubble netting.
9. I have never met anyone with my name and I don't tell people what it is. I don't have a middle name, and Lyn is part of the name I don't tell :-)
10. I am blessed to be married to the most God loving man I know, and therefore I am deeply loved in amazing ways.

Karen's Questions:
1.What is the best book you have read recently?
Trying to complete the Zion Chronicles. On Book 8.
2.If money was no object, where would you go on vacation?
I think I would love to go to Australia.
3. What is a memory of a grandparent?
My grandmother had a cabin in Ruidoso, NM and I loved spending summers there with her and making taffy.
4. Who was your favorite teacher and why?
So terrible, but I do not remember any of my teacher's names :-(
5. What was a book you remember reading as a child?
Don't think I read it as a child, but my favorite children's book is The Velveteen Rabbit.
6. What is something you remember doing with a sibling?
My brother locked me out of the house and banging on the window for him to let me in, I slit my wrist and had to go to the ER.
7. What is something that frightens you?
Snakes!!
8.Are you a mountain person or a beach person? Why?
Both. My favorite place of where I have been is Big Sur, because it was the mountains and beach together. I love the ocean because it reminds me of God's grace washing over and over me.
9. What do you look for in a friend?
Someone who needs me as much as I need them and makes me laugh.
10. What helps you to worship your creator?
Worship Music and the beauty of His creation.
11. How do you feel about public speaking?
I never think I can do it, but after it is over, I am always blessed and realize that if I just let go and let God, He will always speak His truths through me. It always blesses me when someone says that something He spoke through me blessed them.

My Questions:
1. What is your favorite Bible Verse?
2. How did your husband propose?
3. What is your favorite honeymoon memory?
4. What is your favorite thing to cook?
5. What do you think is your spiritual gift?
6. If you could change one thing about your looks, what would you change?
7. Who is your favorite historical person?
8. What chore do you hate to do the most?
9. What is your favorite way to relax?
10. What is one question you would like to ask God?

I am tagging
Stephanie Carroll at
Liz Moore at
Kim Ellis at
Heather Boyd at
Becky Campbell at

Popular posts from this blog

Love Present from a Friend

Skippyjon Jones and Kohl's

Swing High, Swing Low