Health Update--October 3, 2011

Caleb bought Nana these Sunflowers!
Aren't they beautiful?

This is an exciting week for me because my
LAST chemotherapy session is scheduled
for this Wednesday, October 5th.
To say I am excited is an understatement.

I also had good news from my cardiologist.
In both an EKG and an Echo, my heart looks
healthy. The high heart rate that I have been experiencing
since I began chemo is either being caused by chemo
or possibly by a thyroid issue (I will have a test
for thyroid problems on Wednesday.) The good
news, though, is that I have a healthy heart.

Many people have asked what comes next in
my treatment. In November, I will start
radiation treatments. I will have
treatments 5 days a week for 6 weeks.
I don't want to sound naive, but
most people who have experienced both
say that radiation is much easier
than chemo.

I want to thank each of you who is reading
this update. I have received
SO much support in every way
imaginable during this journey.
I thank God for you!


Comments

Lynn Leaming said…
So your best Christmas gift this year will be having completed all your treatments! 5 days a week for six weeks? Wow!! It is hard managing that kind of schedule, but knowing there is a light at the end of the tunnel helps. I will continue to pray that God will give you the strength to endure. Also praying that God gives David both the physical and emotional energy to help you with those appointments and continue to give you the support you need. Caretakers are definitely heroes!! If you feel the earth tremble Wednesday afternoon it will be me doing a happy jig that your chemo is over. We will also pray that the aftereffects from this last treatment will be easy. Love you!!
Unknown said…
So grateful that you are beginning the home stretch! You are inspiring to all of us. Your attitude of joy and perseverance are contagious. You are a treasure!
Miss G said…
The photo of those sunflowers can't even begin to do justice to how gorgeous they are in person! And they can't even begin to do justice to how beautiful you are inside and out as you are going through this process! You are truly amazing. We are soo excited foe you that tomorrow is your LAST chemotherapy!!! Love you. Kelly
Allison said…
Happy Last Chemo Day!! We continue to miss you, and we continue to pray. Much love to all of you.

Popular posts from this blog

Love Present from a Friend

Skippyjon Jones and Kohl's

Swing High, Swing Low