Christmas ABC's 2018 from David and Karen

Merry Christmas to all our friends and family!
As has become our tradition, here are the ABC's
of the Gibson Family--2018!
(Warning!  This is a picture heavy post!)

A is for Aaron
He enjoys creativity and making things.
He enjoys school  especially when he
can dress up as a historical character.
 
He enjoys acting.
He enjoys being kind to others.
He enjoys reading and laughing and being crazy.


 B is for Books

I love reading books to myself, sharing books with teachers and librarians informally and in workshops,
and especially reading books to children.  

C is for Cora

She enjoys dressing up and performing in plays.
She enjoys going to Big People Events and being a lady.

She enjoys keeping up with her cousins and sometimes
"trying" to boss them around.
She enjoys always being a Princess.
She enjoys cooking and reading and
talking, talking, talking.

C is for  Caleb
He enjoys exploring new things.
This year he added soccer and basketball
to his new adventures.
He enjoys being the oldest cousin and
dreaming up things for everyone to do.
He loves his Nana and still let's her kiss him.
He is a leader and enjoys legos, writing, and reading.
He is a loyal friend.

D is for David

He loves creating things.
He loves discussing things with all who
are interested.
He loves science and experiments and
engineering and reading.
He loves eating.
He loves playing with his cousins and running
around wildly. 

E is for Easter
which is my favorite holiday of the year.
I'm not sure why I don't have a single
picture from Easter this year, but here are some
beautiful spring flowers from my
brother and sister-in-law's garden.





F is for Family and Friends
We have been overwhelmingly
blessed with family and friends.
We don't stop often to take pictures,
so if your picture doesn't appear here, please know
that we count you among our richest blessings.  













G is for Gardening
I have been growing flowers for a 
few years, but this was my first year to
try my hand at vegetable gardening.  





H is for Heartfelt Friends

I have been blessed to be part of two groups
of Heartfelt Friends at our church this year.
This group of precious women learned to
make pie crusts together this fall.
This was my group last year into the spring.
We learned to love each other dearly.
What a blessing both groups are in my life.


I is for Iceland

You know how there are places
you never think you will
see in person.  
Well, Iceland was one of those 
places for me.
Now, I'd love for David and I to go 
back in the summer.






J is for Journey of a Lifetime
When 3 sweet friends say, "Let's
to to Paris by way of Iceland, you say YES!"



Yes, it was as cold as it looks.   


K is for Kids
I think I got all of our Big Kids in the pictures
below, but I never have enough pictures of them
because we are all taking pictures of the 
grandchildren instead.  I'll have to
correct that in 2019.  
I went on a January trip with Jeremy
and the boys to Mesa Verde.
Mandy and Jeremy standing proudly
with Caleb as he confessed Jesus as his Savior.
Adrian and Jeremy putting warm water
in the baptistry.  It was COLD
outside but WARM in our
hearts when Caleb was baptized.  
Kelly is a JOY in our world.
Adrian and Kelly hugging
the birthday boy.

L is for Legos

Ducca and I know more about
Legos than we ever imagined.

M is for Mercantile
It was a dream of mine to visit
the Pioneer Woman Mercantile.
It was just as much fun 
as I dreamed it would be.




N is for Nephew (Great Nephews)


These three mamas had babies in the spring.
I love being an aunt and being a great
aunt is just icing on the cake.
 
I had never met this sweet great nephew on the left.
He's a little older and obviously would
gave rather been down and playing
than posing for a picture.  

O is for Ocean
We saw the beautiful Pacific twice this year 


Because of the snow, you cannot tell, but there is an
ocean in this picture of beautiful Iceland.

P is for Paintings
All 4 of our grandchildren enjoy
dong art at our house.
These paintings were done by 
Caleb and Cora and hang
proudly in Nana's office.


Q is for Quilts!
Long time friends, Barbie, Larraine, and I
went on a Barn Quilt Adventure.
The first picture isn't the best quality
but it captures the JOY of the trip.





R is for Redwoods
They are everything you have ever
heard about them and more.






S is for Sibling Trips
We have so much fun on our sibling trips that
I could show you a million pictures,
but I will spare you.  

T is for Tunnels and Trolleys
My brother Terry and I at a double tunnel
near 11 Mile Canyon.
One of my siblings snapped this
photo of me as I nearly fell
down in a fast and twisting trolley
in San Francisco. 

U is for Unbelievable Surprises
A friend had written down a prayer my
Grandpa Bergeron had prayed at
church in 1993.  She found it in
a journal and sent a picture along to me.
Thank you Ann.  What a blessing!

V is for Visitors
When you live in a beautiful
place, you are blessed with a lot of
visitors. 




W is for Worship
This was an very special time of Worship with
extended family.  


X if for Xtra Beautiful
This was an Xtra Beautiful Autumn in Colorado Springs
and I couldn't stop snapping photos.  



Y is for Yesterdays
I have had fun looking back through
old family pictures this year.

My dad on his graduation from the University of Houston
with his two girls.
David's mom and dad several years ago.

Z is for ZZZZZ-ing!
As I was scanning pictures this year of both David's and my families, I found this great one of my dad sleeping!
This was not a grandchild he was snuggling, but a kitten!

We hope your 2019 is filled
with joy, memories, faith,
and the knowledge that
God holds us each
in his mighty hands.








Comments

Unknown said…
I JUST FINISHED READING EVERY WORD OF YOUR BLOG, KAREN....LOVED IT.

Popular posts from this blog

Love Present from a Friend

Skippyjon Jones and Kohl's

Bluebonnets