Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day is one of my favorite
holidays of the entire year.
When I was a 4th grade teacher,
I always marveled at the fact
that the students seemed to love
the Valentine's Party more than
the Christmas Party.  I think it's all
about feeling specially loved.

This year, instead of having
a party for just the grandsons,
we had a party for the whole family.
 
My cookie decorating skills are improving.
I'm not Aunt Gail or Jeanette yet,
but they are looking better
and my family scarfs them down
so they must taste pretty good.
Could be because I have switched
to Grandma Bergeron's sugar
cookie recipe.
 
Juice Robot for the boys.
Thank you Aunt Gail and Pinterest.
Each little guy had a mailbox. 
The grownups wrote special messages of
love and put them in the mailboxes.
I thought they might be too little
to appreciate the notes, but they LOVED
listening to words of love.
Our plan is to save the notes
from year to year.
We played a game where there were
things to do hidden behind hearts
stuck up around the house.
Prizes were popular.
For those of you who like to give balloons,
and what is a party without balloons, my
advice is to visit DOLLAR TREE.
The balloons cost a dollar and
as far as I can tell are the same as the
more expensive balloons found elsewhere.
Happy Valentine's Day sweet Aaron.
Somehow we didn't get a picture of
David with his balloon.
Happy Valentine's Day, sweet David.
Here both boys are checking out
the game hearts on the mantle.
Happy Valentine's Day sweet Caleb.
Mandy made the ties for her little guys.
On the back of the hearts were written
such directions as:
Give Aunt Mandy a hug
Give Uncle Adrian a high five.
Give Aunt Kelly a hug.
Shake Uncle Jeremy's hand.
Tell Ducca you love him.

And.....
my favorite one of all can be seen
below if this video upload works.


Comments

You must have been on a sugar high after that one!
Kimmie said…
Love, love, love it!
Miss G said…
It was a very special evening! Thank you for making all of us feel so loved. Kelly
Anonymous said…
Greetings! Quick question that's entirely off topic.
Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My website
looks weird when browsing from my iphone. I'm trying to find a theme or plugin that might be able to correct this problem.
If you have any recommendations, please share. Many
thanks!

Here is my web-site; seeing results

Popular posts from this blog

Love Present from a Friend

Skippyjon Jones and Kohl's

Swing High, Swing Low